Thursday, July 14, 2011

wuthering heights

i just got this necklace in the mail yesterday.
love love love it.


you can find it here.


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

in other news, i finished wuthering heights today.
i'm still not sure how i feel about it.
i think i will have to re-read it in order for it to really sink in.
if you've read it...what do you think? 
i think heathcliff was crazy.  
i understand that he was so so SO in love with catherine...
but did he really have to be so MEAN??
i can, however, really relate this book to people in my life.
the hopeless despair and suffering act is just one thing i will never understand.
the ending was much more my style.

here are some of my favorite lines from the book:

...So he shall never know how I love him: and that, not because he's handsome, Nelly, but because he's more myself than I am.  Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same.  -pg 80

If all else perished, and he remained, I should still continue to be; and if all else remained, and he were annihilated, the universe would turn to a mighty stranger: I should not seem a part of it. -pg 82

If he loved with all the powers of his puny being, he couldn't love as much in eighty years as I could in a day. And Catherine has a heart as deep as I have: the sea could be as readily contained in that horse-trough as her whole affection be monopolized by him. -pg 148


-------------------------------------------------------------

lovely

i started pride and prejudice today also.
even though i've seen the movie and know the story i'm still looking forward to it.

i love summer - i love reading


No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for the soul droplets.